Our users often have vendor records from numerous disparate systems that need to be unified in order to have meaningful data insights provided about them.
Within the LevaData Platform, the vendors that your organization loads will be curated, mapped, and harmonized together, in an attempt to minimize errors in similar naming conventions for identical entities.
You may have business dealings with an ABC Corporation for example, and in your internal systems have records with them identifying them as all of the following:
- ABC Corp
- ABC Corporation
- A.B.C. Corporation
LevaData Platform prefers to harmonize these records so that you can get consistent information about any given vendor. Ideally, this allows us to provide you with single vendor entries so you can view their business and risk profiles, see your detailed spend with them, and collaborate with them on requests.
Vendor Mapping Rules
The following are rules we adhere to in our vendor mapping to drive your vendor data to harmony:
- If a vendor is a subsidiary of a parent company but has their own unique web presence or stock ticker, then it is mapped as a unique subsidiary vendor; however, if it does not have those unique identifiers, then it is rolled into the parent company.
- Substrings are removed from any entity which has designations like these examples:
- "GMBH, Ltd, Limited, Corporation, Inc., LLC, Pvt., Pvt Ltd., Private"
- The substrings that are removed are not limited to that list.
- e.g. ABC Inc. and ABC Corp. would be unified.
- If a vendor is acquired by another company, we will map that vendor to the parent company which has acquired them, even if your original data records did not have them named that way.
- If two or more vendors which are regional branches of the same company are present in your records, we will map them both to the parent company at the headquarters location.
- e.g. ABC UK, ABC India, and ABC Malaysia would be unified on ABC UK if the company's headquarters is in the UK.
Vendor Mapping Inquiries
If you have any issues with your vendor mapping or are expecting different vendors to appear in your data within our platform, do not hesitate to contact our help desk or reach out to your customer success manager.