Opportunity Awareness is an insight feature that streamlines opportunity types and permits customization and filtering to make the opportunities available to your organization easier to understand and achieve.
Like Review Opportunities, which is now positioned in the adjacent area of the layout under Opportunities, the Opportunity Awareness dashboard is setup to display opportunities only in future quarters.
In the top left, the (1) $ Savings Opportunity will be the sum total for all future quarters selected by the user. Using the time filter at the top of the interface will allow you to drill down if you need to.
The top middle bar chart presents (2) a breakdown of which of the aggregated opportunities offer external or internal savings opportunities.
- External opportunities are those which arise from price differences between your loaded pricing and competitive market/benchmark pricing.
- Internal opportunities are those where your pricing data has lower costs in specific areas of your sourcing strategy which may be replicable elsewhere.
The (3) Unique MPN / CPN count which have opportunities is displayed in the top right and will be the sum total for all quarters selected by the user.
Users can review opportunities in summary view by (4) Sub Commodity, Contract Manufacturer, or Manufacturer.
(5) Commodity Manager view allows users to see who has and hasn't reviewed upcoming opportunities, and what levels of opportunity they have accepted or rejected.
- Note: Opportunity Awareness data is refreshed and synced once per 24-hour period, so if you are a Commodity Manager and you accept and reject a series of opportunities in Review Opportunities, you should see those actions summarized in Opportunity Awareness on the next day.
(6) Clicking into the controls or the arrow in the upper right allows users to search and filter this dashboard.
In this example, after we have filtered to internal, we can scroll down to the Detail $ Savings Opportunity View where we can see these in-house internal opportunities for part cost savings isolated row-by-row and make determinations on which of these savings can be applied to our broader supply chain.
As noted at the very bottom of the table, Opportunity Awareness data is refreshed once per 24-hour period.