LevaData is serious about data security. That’s why we secure and encrypt data into and out of our systems. We isolate and secure customer data. When customer data is shared with the community data pool, that data is fully anonymized and analyzed.
See the diagram below for a map of customer data flow into the LevaData Platform:
Data Security at Rest
- All production workloads are hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS) and follow all AWS Security Best Practices.
- Data is Stored in Elastic Block Store (EBS) and encrypted.
- The managed services we use - e.g. Simple Storage Service (S3) and RedShift - are also encrypted.
- AWS Key Management Service (KMS) integrates with other AWS services to encrypt data at rest and to facilitate signing and verification. This service uses an AWS KMS customer master key.
Data Security in Transit
- Transition of the data happens only through Secured Socket Layer (SSL).
- Customer confidential and personal information is behind an Application Load Balancer.
- Hypertext Transfer Protocol over SSL (HTTPS) is used for end-to-end encryption when data is delivered to the instance.
Data Isolation and Anonymization
- Each customer tenancy is logically isolated.
- Data is mapped for each tenant with unique identifiers.
- Tenant data is anonymized and sanitized in all processes connected to community data to prevent exposure of customer names or prices.
Third Party Certification
- LevaData undergoes an independent third-party audit on security and compliance annually and is currently SOC 2 Type II certified.
- Security, availability, process, integrity, confidentiality and privacy controls are evaluated as part of this audit.
- LevaData undergoes independent third-party Vulnerability Assessment and Penetration Testing (VAPT) annually.
- Our people, processes, and technologies are evaluated as part of these tests.
Contact us with any data security questions or concerns.