LevaData has an "eBenchmark" capability whereby benchmarks are established based on comparisons of a Manufacturer Part Number (MPN) discount from distributor lowest cost, or of an average MPN discount within various groupings, to provide additional benchmark reference points and potential opportunities.
eBenchmark Driven Opportunity Types
eBenchmark @ MPN+FFF Average
- The price target when comparing customer's MPN price against the average discounted price that the community achieves compared to distribution pricing for the same MPN, or for a cluster of Form, Fit, and Function (FFF) MPNs.
- For example, the community may receive an average 55% discount from distribution price - if a customer's MPN price is showing a 25% discount, then LevaData will highlight the 30% difference as an opportunity.
- The average discounts provide context and perspective of where a customer's pricing performance resides in comparison to the LevaData community. Any variance worse than the average is presented as a target price and associated savings.
eBenchmark @ Lowest Distributor
- Determines the lowest authorized distributor price compared to your price, presenting opportunities for associated savings in these price differences.
- This indicates the potential for immediate savings or additional sources of supply.
- Distributors sometimes publish promotional pricing to third party platforms to appear as the least expensive option, which is indexed by LevaData. We filter out many common "false/trick" pricing methods by distributors, but occasionally some non-legitimate pricing will display in the platform.
- LevaData platform is designed to pick up the lowest published prices provided by distributors independent of stock level. Zero stock doesn't necessarily mean not available. Those parts are available to order once you visit the distributor site; however, promotional pricing which has been indexed may or may not be available. You may need to directly interact with the distributor to validate that pricing.
Reviewing eBenchmark Opportunities
Filter to Only eBenchmark Opportunities
Within Review Opportunities, you should (1) open the Scoreboard, and (2) open the opportunity type dropdown and select all eBenchmark opportunity types, then (3) hit Apply.
Examine the Opportunities Table
Once you close the scoreboard, and return the Review Opportunities table, you can see that the filters for eBenchmark types are applied and those are the only Opportunity Type(s) being returned. The opportunities are arrayed in descending order by Opportunity $ savings amount. You can click into any opportunity to review it in detail, we will look at both types in the highlighted examples for eBenchmark @ MPN+FFF Average and eBenchmark @ Lowest Distributor.
Reviewing the Details of an eBenchmark @ MPN+FFF Average Opportunity
Clicking into the eBenchmark @ MPN+FFF Average Opportunity brings you into the opportunity details page. This opportunity type seeks to benchmark your existing MPN price against the average discounted price that is available in our community data for an identical or FFF-matched MPN. In this example, the LevaData Platform predicts that a 6% cost savings is achievable on this part based on community data points.
Reviewing the Details of an eBenchmark @ Lowest Distributor Opportunity
Clicking into the eBenchmark @ Lowest Distributor Opportunity brings you into the opportunity details page. This opportunity type seeks to provide a source for you to review with the lowest potential distributor price compared to your current price. In this example below, the LevaData Platform (1) presents a cost savings opportunity of 10% from current price to recommended price. The link for (2) See Latest Price and Availability will take you to a third-party site to validate that information.
In this case, the MPN appears to be available at the stated price of 0.650 when purchased in quantities of 1000 or 10000 at a time, directly from the listed authorized distributor. If an opportunity to buy at this scale is available, then these cost savings can be immediately realized.
Note on Part Distribution Links: Some third-party supplier websites will require location authentication to provide accurate prices by region/currency. LevaData cannot validate all of these external direct supplier websites for functionality. In some cases, if your device, network, or company IT policy prevents location access then some supplier websites may not function correctly.