Task Management is a universal feature available on the LevaData platform. It enables a user to assign a task to a person and include the context of the page and filter the assignee is referring to.
- Users can assign tasks by clicking the task icon in the upper right corner of the platform.
- User then clicks and an entry window is pre-populated with the context of the page waiting for the user to assign it to someone.
- Relational links are added to the Task in both creation and viewing so that all users can quickly understand what the task refers to.
- An email notification is sent to the creator and assignee upon creation, edit or deletion of a task. The email contains a description of the task and a contextual link into the LevaData platform providing the same view to the assignee as the creator.
- If the user is already signed into the platform, they will be directed to the specific link. If not, the user can login and then click the link from the email for direct access to the link destination.
- A notification is included in the LevaData platform to quickly see latest, historical and closed task assignments in descending aged order of assignment.
Task Management in Vendor Collaboration
With the Task Management integration, users can create a task for themselves or collaborate with others by assigning a task from the Vendor Collaboration module.
Need someone else to create a Request for Quote (RFQ) for you? Or find some Customer Part Numbers (CPNs)? The process is quite simple.
Create a Task for an Existing RFX
Users can select single or multiple RFXs to create a task in the RFX Summary.
For instance, task management is useful for:
- Setting a reminder to Send, Share or View an RFX
- Assign a task to follow-up on the RFX progress
- Track the status of multiple RFXs
Create a Task for a New RFX
Various actionable tasks can be created during the configuration of an RFX. In the RFX scope screen, the task creation icon can be found beside the Draft button.
To create a task, the user shall first save the RFX as a Draft.
Once the task is created, it can be accessed from the Task Notification Center. Users can view the task details and the location where it was created. By clicking on the location hyperlink, the user is directly navigated to the respective screen.
If a task is assigned to the other platform users, an email notification is sent with detailed task information.
Task Management Integration in BOM Compare
With Task Management integration, BOM program owners can collaborate with other LevaData platform users through actionable tasks. This capability can also be used to self-assign a task as a reminder. Once the task is assigned, it is available for viewing in the Task Notification Center.
Task Creation for One or More CPNs
The user can select one or more rows and use the create a single task encompassing multiple CPN.
Automatic Restoration of Location
The location is hyperlinked to take the user back to the original location and show the records for which tasks are opened. For example, user is directed to the specific revision of the BOM and context filters are applied. User can also click on specific tag on the context (i.e. CPN) to further filter to specific CPN.
Automatic Email Notification
The creator and assignee receive an email notification upon creation of task, edit of a task, and on task deletion. The location and context hyperlinked are the same as what the user sees on the Task from within the Task Notification center. The user can use these links to directly navigate to the location.
Note: User must be signed in to navigate directly to the tagged location. If the user is not signed in, then the user will be taken to the login page and the referenced location context will not be preserved; however, if after the user signs in, they click the link from the email again, they should navigate directly to the contextual location.