The LevaData Supplier Portal is where suppliers respond to requests for quotes (RFQ) or requests for information (RFI) from organizations who use the LevaData Platform. As a supplier user with the role of admin, you will often have to add other users to your organization's account so that these users can engage with the platform and support your organization's efforts to secure bids to fulfill parts for customers using the platform. You may also be called to remove users from your account after they depart your organization or no longer need to use the platform.
User Management on the Supplier Portal
Login to the Supplier Portal
This article presumes you are already a registered user in the LevaData Supplier Portal with a role of Admin. If that is not the case, please see the following article before continuing:
Adding a User to Your Supplier Account on the Supplier Portal
Now that you are logged in, perform the following steps:
- Select the [...] menu in the top right
- Select [Administration] from the dropdown menu
This will bring you to the User Management Table where you can see existing user information, their last login time, their role in the system, and a link providing you the ability to delete them.
Directly above this table of information is a button that allows you to Add User. Let's try that now.
Selecting the Add User button provides an input form to create a new user and asks for the following:
- You will need to input their first name and likely should input their last name as well
- You will need to enter their email as it will be their login and invite method
- You will need to identify which supplier account this user belongs to, especially important if you administer more than one.
- You will need to identify whether or not this user will be an administrator who can also manage other users (like yourself) or if they will just be a regular user. Default is regular user.
- You can optionally Include a Commodity Manager to be CC'd on the invite. This politely informs them about the user being added to the account.
The user should then be invited after this and if they have never used the platform will experience the onboarding process described in How do I access the supplier portal?
Deleting a User from Your Supplier Account on the Supplier Portal
As previously illustrated in the user table above, the final column of the table is for Actions and contains the Action Link for Delete User.
- As an admin you can click Delete User
- You are optionally presented with the ability to Include the Commodity Manager of the deletion
Note: If there is single user and RFQ(s) are assigned to the user, then the user cannot be Deleted
After you proceed, you are asked to confirm one final time:
If at that point you select [Yes], the user will be deleted, and if you opted to Include a Commodity Manager they will be informed of the action via email.
You should now understand the administrative user management functionality of the Supplier Portal and be comfortable with adding and removing users as your organization sees fit. You are welcome to browse our other supplier training materials to help you learn more about using the platform.