Cognitive Sourcing 21.12 Release Notes
This document describes the final scope for Cognitive Sourcing Release 21.12. It is intended as a reference for LevaData Customers.
This document is not a comprehensive list of every addition, change, or deletion in this release. No legal commitment, either expressed or implied should be construed from this document.
Customers that would like additional information on any of the items in this document can contact email@example.com or their Customer Success Manager.
Table of Contents: Release Highlights
- Enhancements to Platform
- Enhancements to Cost Optimizer
- Enhancements to Supply Risk Navigator
- Enhancements to New Product Accelerator
1. Enhancements to Platform
A. Task Management
Task Management is a universal feature that has been added to the LevaData platform. It enables a user to assign a task to a person and include the context of the page and filter the assignee is referring to.
- Users can assign tasks by clicking the task icon in the upper right corner of the platform.
- User then clicks and an entry window is pre-populated with the context of the page waiting for the user to assign it to someone.
- An email notification is sent to the creator and assignee upon creation, edit or deletion of a task.
- The email contains a description of the task and a contextual link into the LevaData platform providing the same view to the assignee as the creator.
- The user can click on the link in the email to access the destination pages directly.
- A notification is included in the LevaData platform to quickly see latest, historical and closed task assignments in descending aged order of assignment.
2. Enhancements to Cost Optimizer
We have made several changes to simplify and enhance how you can review opportunities.
A. View Not Reviewed Opportunities by Default
Now, the Review Opportunities page shows only the "Not Reviewed" opportunities by default.
To view opportunities that have already been reviewed, users can remove the "Not Reviewed" quick-filter and apply new filters as desired.
B. Total Opportunity by View in the Review Opportunities Dashboard
The expanded scoreboard now shows the top 25 Suppliers and Manufactures details as a donut chart with the total opportunity values.
C. Opportunity Details Page Enhancements
We have made several improvements to the Opportunity Details page:
- The opportunities table, opportunity bar chart and opportunities tabs are shown in the descending order of the opportunity.
- On mouse hover-over the user can see the opportunity value and the opportunity %
- User can now see the Manufacturer Part Number (MPN) cost in the opportunity table.
- For Lowest distributor eBenchmark opportunities, users can now access a link to the target distributor on opportunity details page.
3. Enhancements to Supply Risk Navigator
A. AI-enabled Supply Chain Events Monitoring and Estimated Impact
LevaData applies advanced Artificial Intelligence (AI) algorithms to continually scan thousands of media sources comprising approximately two million pages of text and extracts a variety of events that may potentially impact customer suppliers or supply.
When an event is detected, it is mapped to:
- Supplier sites
Which is in turn used to create an estimate of potential event impact assessment:
- Parts at Risk
- Spend at Risk
- Sales Revenue at Risk (available with product scope license only)
Impact Estimation Methodology
The accuracy of the impact assessment is a function of the granularity of the part-to-site mapping data that is available for the customer parts.
With the introduction of part-to-site mapping data in this release, the precedence for the assessment is:
- Customer-specific Part-to-Site-CM Mapping, to include all sites provided (manufacturing, distribution, etc.) by the Supplier
- Community-available Part-to-Site Mapping
- Customer-provided Country of Origin (COO)
- Community-available COO
- Manufacturer Sites
Estimated Impact Display
Estimated Event Impact on Spend appears in the Events Summary and Supplier Sites grids to assist in prioritization of event risk mitigation efforts.
B. Clone Events for Company-Private Manipulation
Customers can clone and edit a LevaData-generated event. In this way they can edit and add privately obtained information about the event, some examples:
- Add/delete suppliers based on their specific knowledge
- Change the description
- Tag additional news
An event can be cloned to be a customer event from the Customer Events Screen. Select the Global event to be cloned, then invoke the "Clone" button to the right, as shown in the screenshot below:
Invocation of the "Clone" button brings up the Event details screen and the event can now be edited as with any customer-created event, and used for tracking, task management, simulation, and any other event-based application.
Note: The original event remains in the Events Summary and is updated as new information becomes available from LevaData AI. The cloned event must be manually updated with any new information that the customer user would like to add to their private version.
C. Task Management Integration to Events
Task Management was introduced at the LevaData platform level in Release 21.11, and the platform-level functionality was described in the corresponding Release Notes.
Task Management is integrated at the Events level and at the Site level to facilitate internal collaboration through actionable tasks and corresponding assignment and tracking of Event Mitigation activities.
With this release, the context (either Event or Event+Site) associated with the Task creation icon is automatically transferred into the task to enable immediate access to the details of the event that the assignee is to address.
This capability can also be used to self-assign a task as a reminder. Once the task is assigned, notification with context is sent via email to the assignee, and the task becomes immediately available for viewing and processing through the Task Notification Center as described in Release Notes 21.11.
D. Risk RFI: COO Mapping template
LevaData recently introduced the Request for Information (RFI) capability whereby Supply Risk Navigator (SRN) users can digitally collect Part-to-Site and/or COO mappings directly from suppliers. If you would like to participate in a Pilot effort to collect this information from a few of your strategic suppliers, please contact your Customer Success Representative.
In the previous release, a part-to-site RFI template was created to enable users to send an RFI to suppliers to request part-to-site and COO mappings. With the current release, part-to-site and COO templates were split so that users can create and send an RFI to collect COO only in the event that suppliers do not maintain their sites in the LevaData supplier portal.
Note: It is preferred that we collect Part-to-Site information from suppliers as it enables a more precise identification of impacted parts as described in Section A. above.
4. Enhancements to New Product Accelerator
A. Flattened BOM
A flattened Bill of Materials (BOM) combines like items in a single line and aggregates its quantity factoring in its usage in the BOM thereby providing users with an alternate view of the BOM to complete the action at hand with agility.
With this release, following features are available:
UI Action to switch between Structured BOM and Flattened BOM:
Ability to check out Flattened BOM to edit sourcing attributes on parts:
- For any edit to the BOM structure, the user must switch to the Structured BOM view.
- Users can edit sourcing attributes on the part in either view. Autofill from PDM is also available for both structured and flattened BOM type. Please note in this release you can only edit sourcing attributes but not add a new source from the flattened BOM view. This will be supported in subsequent release.
- Use can expand Customer Part Number (CPN) to see MPN associated with CPN
B. PDM Autofill
With PDM Autofill, sourcing data for parts (new and sustaining) in NPI BOM are auto filled with parts data already managed in Parts Data Management (PDM). This enables users to get quick actionable insight on the BOM.
PDM Autofill is available at the time of BOM upload when creating a new revision or from the checked out BOM.
C. Navigate to PDM
This release further enhances the Task Management Integration Across LevaData Platform with New Product Accelerator (NPA) BOM. Now users can click on the tagged parts from within a task details page or from the email notification and navigate directly to the PDM to view the part details. This will enable them to take quick action to close the task at hand.
D. Transformation Cost
The cost of building a product includes the cost of direct material and transformation cost. Transformation is also known as Value Added Manufacturing costs (VAM) or Manufacturing Value Add (MVA).
With this release, customers will now be able to track transformation cost along with BOM cost in one central location and understand its impact on the overall product cost for new programs. The application comes configured out of the box with standard transformation cost categories which can be tailored as per customer specific needs.
Import/Update Transformation Cost from spreadsheet: User can specify the cost for each category at the product level and upload to view along with the BOM revision.
See Transformation Cost breakdown summary: User can get insight into breakdown by category to get actionable insight.
BOM roll-up cost now includes Transformation Cost.