LevaData Platform's Risk feature can show you the source of risk for your top risk parts - both Customer Part Numbers (CPNs) and Manufacturer Part Numbers (MPNs) - so that a determination can be made on which actions needs to be taken, if any, to mitigate this risk.
- Watch: Identify Source of Risk for Top Risk Parts Use Case (3:08)
Identify Source of Risk for Top Risk Parts
Getting to the risks for CPNs and MPNs can be done by (1) clicking the side menu to navigate to Risk, (2) landing on Portfolio Risk, (3) scrolling down the side bar, examining the two tables (4) Top Risks: CPN and (5) MPN Risk Factors, and then (6) expanding out the one you want to drill into further.
View Top Risk CPNs
In the Top Risks: CPN table, you can see all of your at-risk CPNs, the characterizations of the risk calculations are listed in the text below the table header, with the (1) highlighted columns containing important information about risk that can be clicked into and sorted by ascending or descending order:
- # of Sources for CPN = helps you to identify single-source risks (i.e. when this value is 1)
- Time to Requalify = the greater the number of months the greater the risk
- Vendor Managed Inventory = the lesser available, the greater the risk
- Filtered Spend = spend on the current part for the next four quarters
- Product Sales Impact = forecast impact over the next four quarters for all the products where the part is used - if the part became unavailable.
Furthermore, (2) clicking on any given part number filters all of the other available data in the Supply Risk Navigator Portfolio Risk module.
View Top Risk MPNs
Further down the dashboard you will find the MPN Risk Factors table. Similar to the CPN Risk table, you can (1) click into an individual MPN and the rest of the dashboard will be filtered to this part. You can also (2) scroll to the right and see the reasons for risk.
Once you scroll to the right, you can see numerous columns with MPN Risk Factors, all of which can be clicked into and sorted just like the other tables. These risk factors include years to end of life (YTEOL), lead-time in weeks, count of sources for CPN, whether you have any impacted sites associated with the MPN, and your filtered spend and product sales impact which have been explained above. The overall risk coloration and categorization is explained in the sub-text below the table header.