Best BOM Costing is the process in which the costing manager ensures that the costed Bill of Materials (BOM) provided by the contract manufacturer is analyzed and optimized to ensure the best available component cost is being used.
- Watch: How can I ensure my bill of materials is cost optimized? (1:41)
Bill of Materials Costing Automation Workflow
Initiate Best BOM Costing workflow by selecting it in the dropdown of the lightning bolt icon in the upper right adjacent to the check out:
Once successfully initiated, tasks are created and assigned to respective commodity managers:
- Each task has a title which follows this syntax: NPA-WF-<CPN>:<Program Name><CM/ODM>
- Each task has an auto-generated description based on conditions met:
- The CPN cost is missing for <CPN>. Please <action>
- The CPN cost is more than the CM WAC Cost for <CPN>. Please <action>
- Each task is assigned to CM when specified.
- Each task has a default due date two weeks from the date of Task Creation.
- Tasks are monitored at check-in to determine if they can be closed (when condition is met).