Coverage is more than a number. It is awareness, insights, and contextual perspective that turns a number into actionable knowledge. Multiple contextual perspectives of coverage enable comprehensive awareness and accurate understanding. LevaData is the intersection of Coverage and Awareness that creates critical insight perspectives from parts to products and costs to risks. The Coverage Profile enables configurability, filtering, and choice of perspective regarding how coverage metrics are calculated and presented dynamically.
The filters at the top control what data is shown.
- when the filter is selected, the text is white, and the background is dark navy blue (e.g. #3)
- when the filter is deselected, the text is blue, and the background is white (e.g. #1 / #2)
The filters operate as follows:
- Exclude MPNs Missing Spend: spend field has a nullish value (e.g. 0 or null). By default, you are looking at all MPNs which you have loaded into the content platform (This does not look at parts that are only in NPA). When you click on this filter then you are only looking at MPNs with active spend in the next four quarters assigned to them.
- Only Customer Controlled MPNs: Parts with cm_control set in insight_part_calculations.
- Exclude Custom Parts: parts are assumed to be custom if they have no IHS FFF matches, no Community matches, and no Octopart matches.
Awareness begins with Data Quality provided by customer that enables or impedes our ability to provide Insight Awareness coverage.
- Data Quality: average of the four attributes ratings to generate a single health % number on a scale of 0-100% (the higher the better).
- Freshness: % spend with the most recent date of customer data uploaded/updated (e.g. if you have 100 total parts, and you have loaded data for 50 of those parts in the most recent data load, you have 50% Freshness).
- LevaData Enhanced: % spend that received a LevaData commodity classification, a LevaData vendor alias, or has one of the following augmented attribute values:
- Lead Time
- Years to End of Life (YTEOL)
- Date of Introduction
- Form Fit Function (FFF) alternative for an MPN.
- Data Errors: % spend of MPNs that have one of the following attribute values:
- Non-100% totaling splits.
- Extra alpha characters enclosed in parentheses (e.g. "ABC123 (DO NOT USE)").
- Missing: % spend without an MPN or the MPN has $0 cost.
MPN Coverage by Count and Spend
MPN Coverage is explained via layers of insight awareness from top-down:
- MPN Coverage by Count Covered is the count of distinct MPNs that has any of community, Alternates or Market matches.
- MPN Coverage by Count Total is the count of all distinct MPNs for a tenant.
- MPN Coverage by Count % Coverage is MPNs Covered / Total MPNs.
- MPN Coverage by Spend Covered is the count of distinct MPN spend that has any of community, Alternates or Market matches.
- MPN Coverage by Spend Total is the count of all distinct MPN spend for a tenant.
- MPN Coverage by Spend % Coverage is Spend Covered / Spend Total.
- Vendor: Manufacturers that match to normalized or alias Manufacturer in LD Community.
- Subcategories: Equivalent to Sub Commodities, it is the MPNs that have a LevaData category assigned (excluding "Unclassified" or "Other").
- CPN: CPNs with a match to any 1 of the 3 types of MPN matches (Community, Alternative, or Market - see below)
- MPNs: MPN matches to other MPNs in:
Augmented Coverage is where LevaData augments customer data to enhance their Insight Awareness. Sums the total % of spend coverage for each insight below and also breaks down each insight to show proportions at various risk levels.
- LevaData Risk: MPNs that have an associated LevaData Risk rating.
- Lead Time: MPNs that have a current lead time (via market or community RFX).
- Years to End of Life (YTEOL): MPNs that have YTEOL information.
- Country of Origin (COO): MPNs that have COO information.
- Site Locations: Manufacturers with a site location.
- Financial Risk: Manufacturers that have Vendor Financial Rating and Risk Information.
- Red = Very high risk
- Orange = high risk
- Yellow = medium risk
- Light Green = low risk
- Dark Green = very low risk
- Gray = no coverage
You should now understand how to read and analyze your Coverage Profile and be able to evaluate your part coverage in the LevaData Platform. These standard metrics in this presentation format will allow you to evaluate your coverage without manually intensive and tedious calculations. This saves time and effort and transparently provides insight perspective into how much actionable knowledge exists for you on the platform.