This document describes the final scope for Cognitive Sourcing Release 22.06. It is intended as a reference for LevaData Customers.
This document is not a comprehensive list of every addition, change, or deletion in this release. No legal commitment, either expressed or implied should be construed from this document.
Customers that would like additional information on any of the items in this document can contact firstname.lastname@example.org or their Customer Success Manager.
Table of Contents: Release Highlights
- Enhancements to Cost Optimizer
- Enhancements to Smart RFX (SRFX)
- Enhancements to Supply Risk Navigator (SRN)
1. Enhancements to Cost Optimizer
a. Removal of Accepted Column from Review Opportunities Details Page
Within Review Opportunities, the Opportunity Details page previously had columns for Current, Recommended, and Accepted. Standard usage of the feature was to review current part costs against recommended part costs with the opportunity presented and having previously accepted amounts in there was slightly confusing. Accepted amounts are now removed from this interface, and users will be able to compare their current spend versus the LevaData-presented opportunity for review. This should make it easier to quickly identify which opportunities are attainable and yet to be actioned.
2. Enhancements to Smart RFX (SRFX)
a. Smart RFX Dashboard Card Design Improvements
Smart RFX Dashboard cards in the RFX List now have a more intuitive design which provides comprehensive information about the RFXs on the homepage where they are readily available for review.
b. Add Vendor Functionality for Global Commodity Managers
GCMs will now be able to onboard new vendors within the application interface without requiring a data ingestion. This should save time and increase the speed with which new vendors can be stood up in the LevaData Platform to receive requests from your organization.
The Add Vendor button will be present in the Smart RFX/Admin > Manage Vendors interface.
Selecting it will prompt the ability to add a new vendor and fill out their basic information:
3. Enhancements to Supply Risk Navigator (SRN)
a. Events Dashboard Updates
Resilience managers and global commodity managers need a full view of all events that pose a risk to their sourcing strategies. They need key metrics to focus action and direction to key areas of attention, and track progress on results. Having this enables proper prioritization for how risk events are impacting revenue, spend, parts, and suppliers.
Our new Events Dashboard interface directs users to exactly the events they need to work on, what impact these events are having on their operations, a global view of disruptions, and highlighted events that focus on the highest bottom line financial impact.
b. Scrollable Events Card
Within the context of the new Events Dashboard, it is now possible to view key summary events cards that continually scroll down the page. You can set your filters on the events dashboard and view only events that meet certain status or information criteria, otherwise, you can view all events and continually scroll them in reverse chronological order.
c. News Digest and Event Impact Emails
Subscribing to SRN Events now produces a variety of email-based notifications which will allow our users to remain engaged with the risks they face in their supply chain and then drill-in and address those risks when they are able. There are three new email notifications:
- Event Impact Email: Sent as soon as an event is curated which has an associated impact (spend/revenue) in the tenant. This impact email is depicted below and includes critical details, news links, highlighted suppliers and locations, etc. There will be a link to take the reader to the events page within the LevaData application which will require usual login credentials to get into the site.
- Event Digest Email: Sent once per day and lists the events that have occurred within the last 24 hours. A link to each event in the digest list will take the user to the Events page in the LevaData application which will require usual login credentials to get into the site. This list will also contain any events that were sent out via an Event Impact Email.
- News Digest Email: Sent once per day and lists news articles from the last 24 hours which involve current events that directly impact your business, your supply chain, and your sourcing strategy. The link to each news article will takes the reader directly to the external website of the article host.
If you have not previously subscribed to events for Supply Risk Navigator, administrators can navigate to (1) Administration > (2) User Configuration and then (3) elect Yes under SRN Subscribe Events dropdown for any given user in the tenancy. All three email types are simultaneously elected here.
d. Geographic Risk Concentration Enhancements
Portfolio Risk Dashboard will have a new sub-tab report called Geographic Concentration Risk which will have spend details by country (in both tabular and geographic representation), as well as both commodity and subcommodity spend by country of origin (COO).
Users can see how their spend by country of origin has changed by quarter over time:
Users can drill into specific individual countries and examine the commodity and subcommodity spend there:
Using this information can help inform geographic diversification of your sourcing strategy and when evaluating the risk of specific geographic events this information supports the overall impact calculation.