When using the Smart RFX module in the LevaData platform, you will often be tasked with returning responses to the RFQs you have sent to suppliers, and then either having continuing dialogue with them to negotiate on price or accepting / rejecting what the supplier has presented. This article covers many actions you can take and what options you have in this process.
Negotiating and Responding to a Supplier Quote
This process typically has six standard actions and two optional actions.
- Navigate to the Smart RFX module on the left-hand navigation:
- Click on the name of the RFQ you are going to conduct the simulation in which is found under the RFX List in the bottom part of the Smart RFX Summary page:
- After selecting an RFQ name, the RFQ details page loads up and you can click on the Supplier Messaging tab above your RFQ name under Smart RFX/Details:
- The Supplier Conversation page loads up and you can click on the (+) icon next to Conversations on the right side of the page to create new conversation:
- In the Supplier Conversation window, you can (1) Choose which supplier you are sending the response to from the Select Supplier drop down menu, (2) input the subject of your response, and (3) compose your message and add an attachment (if desired)
- After writing your message, hit Send
You will receive a notification "Message Sent Successfully" in the upper right of the interface:
Note: Any supplier responses will be located in the messaging tab as well (email notification will also be received by the buyer).
Optional Process Instead of Messaging
A buyer can Reject a quote from the supplier in multiple ways.
- Primary Option: In the manage response tab, by line item, the buyer can select Reject and specify the reasoning in "Remarks to Vendor" before sending the rejection.
In the negotiation scenario, for example, the buyer can ask for better pricing based on any reason, or if used when creating the RFQ - the buyer can refer to the negotiation levers that were included on the RFQ:
- Note: If the buyer downloads the Excel Workbook from the Manage Responses tab, it is possible to modify the status here as well, save, then upload.
- Secondary Option: From the Manage Responses tab, bulk accept/reject selections can be made. The buyer can add, by line item, and select Reject and specify reasoning in "Remarks to Vendor" by placing a comment on that same line item before sending the rejection. Making a comment can be done first, and then selecting the items for bulk action can be performed as an action: