User Configuration is accessed by (1) selecting the three-dot menu in the upper-right of the screen, then (2) clicking Administration, then (3) clicking User Configuration. This option is available only to Customer Account Administrators (Tenant Administrators).
Select the [ADD USER] button in the image above and then input the user information in this form:
Important Note: All new customer users should be created as External.
Add User > SAVE: Sends an email to the user, then that user must follow instructions to activate their login credentials.
If you (1) select a user from your user list, then (2) additional commands become available in the upper button menu. These options depend on the current selected user(s) account status and these options are described below:
- Resend: If the added user cannot locate the activation email, the administrator can "resend" a new activation email. Additionally, the user should check the spam and junk folders of their inbox.
- Unblock: If a user unsuccessfully attempts login six or more times, they will get a message on the login page that their access is "blocked", and they are locked out of their account for security reasons. This feature to unblock allows the administrator to reset the user account so the email can be confirmed, and the user can use the forgot password function to reset their login credentials.
- Save: Any fields modified within each user configuration must be saved.
- Reset: If changes are made to any user(s) and the administrator decides not to implement them, the administrator can select "reset" instead of "save" to revert the changes to their previous status.
- Deletion vs. Deactivation? From time to time it is required to remove a user from the active list.
- Delete: used when a person leaves your organization or has changed roles and will no longer need access to the LevaData platform.
- Deactivate: useful for contract employees or when a user by their role should not have access to your data in the LevaData platform temporarily but may need access restored at a later date.
The Tenant Administrator(s) for an account have access to administration option in the navigation menu. They can create new users, create new user groups, and generally have access to all features within the application except the "Customer Configuration" section. The tenant administrator is responsible for maintaining the proper list of active users and deactivating users as their responsibilities change or they leave the organization.
It is strongly recommended that your organization have more than one tenant administrator, so that they (at least two) can cover requests and actions for each other, and continuity of operations is not disrupted if one of them leaves the organization. If and when that happens, it is recommended that a new secondary tenant administrator is established as soon as possible.
Single Sign-On (SSO)
If you are using the SSO process, there will be an SSO checkbox option next to the checkbox option to select if someone is an admin. This feature will be selected by default for a SSO LevaData customer.
When the customer user is added, they will have to follow the SSO activation process, which is as follows:
- Activation email is sent to user
- User is directed to a landing page in the Cognitive Sourcing Platform to let them know their user account is activated and that they can login to access their account.
- User is presented with a pop-up to inform which browsers are supported on the platform which they can acknowledge and/or close.
- User inputs their email address on the login screen
- User is redirected to your organization's SSO page
- They enter their email address into your SSO (which must be identical to the email associated with their LevaData account)
- The user is directed to and logged into your company's LevaData account.
Users designated as approvers will be set to approve changes to costs when they exceed 10%. If changes made to cost are less than 10%, changes are automatically approved. If over 10%, then the approver receives an email to take action on the request. The approver should likely be whomever is above the user being configured in your organization's sourcing team. This approval threshold applies to all records, and the threshold percentage can be modified by LevaData Engineers on request.
When the user account is created, a new user must be assigned to a specific approver (via the Approver Email ID dropdown depicted below). If there are no approvers setup, the user's changes that exceed the configured threshold will be "system approved" which acts as an override on manual approval action.
User permissions are essentially "user role templates". User permissions, when created, define what a user can have access to and visually "see" inside their LevaData account. When users are created by the administrator(s), the user is assigned to a "user permission" or "multiple user permissions".
User Permissions creation happens on the User Configuration tab, in the User Permissions sub-tab. Simply select "add user permissions", check under the commodity and product feature section the product tabs the user should see and have access to, add a name and description, then save.