Manufacturer Part Numbers (MPNs) can be matched as an alternate part if they have the same Form, Fit, and Function (FFF) as what you are currently buying. LevaData Platform presents these alternate part options to our users in order to evaluate for potential cost savings. If the MPN is commercial / off-the-shelf, we will match it to our IHS database and it will return the FFF equivalents as well as if there are benchmarks in the LevaData community data pool, with the same rules as covered in Benchmarking.
Part Match Logic
This example features an MPN and the FFF matches it has in our community data. Part coverage is essential for benchmarking success and our Coverage Profile helps users better understand how their parts data can map to our platform to produce actionable insights.
Alternate Options (Part Matching)
When you select Alternate Options (formerly known as Part Matching) you will be immediately presented with the highest potential cost savings opportunities for alternate part substitutions:
You can review any of these top opportunities to see more specific details about the alternate part matching option presented.
Reviewing Alternate Options in the Table
- The table for each alternate option contains part information, manufacturer, description, cost against a variety of benchmarks and other key details.
- Life Cycle: Selecting Life Cycle checkbox in the top right will enable following details for alternate parts: (1) Date of Introduction, (2) Availability YTEOL (Years to End of Life), and (3) Estimated YTEOL:
- DS (Data Sheet): Clicking on DS opens Data Sheet of MPN in a new window
- The PDF Version of the Data Sheet is from a third-party source.
- The DS link will be in disabled if the part doesn't have a Data Sheet.
- U (Where Used): Clicking on Where Used Link (U) in product view will open a new screen with the list of products in which a selected MPN is used.
eBenchmark Target Cost in Market Intelligence
It is possible to lookup the eBenchmark Target Cost in the same area of Alternate Options. eBenchmark is a discount analysis using MPN + FFF same spec matches and then applying the Average Percent Discount to Lowest Distributor price of each MPN. Once you have selected a part, then examine the column for "eBenchmark MPN+FFF Target Cost":
Note: If the eBenchmark Target Cost is not available for the selected MPN then "Cost Not Available" will display.