Within Spend Intelligence, Savings Awareness presents a dashboard view of where change in spend was caused by prices staying flat, increasing, or decreasing. It is an aggregation of Spend and Savings across multiple useful metrics. Users can pick from the [View by] dropdown list of values across various tables to further investigate CPNs and MPNs for spend optimization.
Upper Section of Savings Awareness
(1) Spend by Change in Cost is a doughnut graph breakout of the amount of MPN spend where costs Increased (Red), Decreased (Green), or Stayed Flat (Grey).
(2) Spend by Change in Cost Timeline is a bar chart time-series view of the information in the doughnut chart over multiple time periods. If the user hovers over one of those quarters in the vertical space above the graph they can see a pop-out tooltip summary of the data:
(3) Spend Change Breakdown Table with View by Selection highlighted. This table is meant to provide perspective across a variety of metrics to identify where the most cost changes occurred.
Clicking through the first three data elements filters each subsequent display. Deselecting your exact choices or refreshing the page will reset the overall display.
For example, above, when looking at the selected annual 2023 data, (1) clicking the red segment of the doughnut chart will filter the rest of the data to only show the spend with cost increase. Clicking (2) 2023'Q1 will filter the table down to only the values from that quarter. When viewing (3) the table by Commodity View we can see what commodities are driving our spend increase and that they equal the amount in the total spend increase for the quarter. In this example, we would want to examine Semiconductors further to determine the cause of these cost increases.
Special Note on CPN and MPN Savings
One CPN can have multiple MPNs so CPN Savings and MPN Savings will often be different. For example, In 2024, CPN-1 may match to MPN-A and MPN-B; however, in 2023, CPN-1 may match to MPN-B and MPN-C and those may have different savings amounts and percents.
When comparing two years across CPNs which have changed MPNs, discrepancies can arise, and the user may need to drive into specific MPNs to see detailed savings across multiple time periods. Users can filter by a single CPN at the top level to cascade it across the entire interface and click MPN dropdown to see what MPNs match it.
Middle Section of Savings Awareness
(4) Savings by Commodity is a doughnut breakout which allows you to view by MPN or CPN Savings with total amount and percent amount. If you applied filters in the upper section, it would apply to this section as well. If you choose MPN or CPN Savings here, it will apply the same filter to the (5) Timeline View.
(5) Savings by Commodity Timeline is a bar chart time-series view of the information in the doughnut chart over multiple time periods.
(6) Savings Change Breakdown Table with View by perspective is meant to help understand where the most cost savings occurred. All of these columns are click-sortable (e.g. Descending Amount of CPN Savings):
Lower Section of Savings Awareness
(7) View by Spend and Savings Detail Table is filtered by your previous choices in the above 6 Savings Awareness dashboard elements.
The LevaData Platform used to sort this information by Global / Site Level for Spend and Savings Details, now there is CPN Cost and CM CPN Cost (as noted in the table subtitle).
- CPN Cost (Global Level): Each part level is the same across all CM/ODMs.
- CM CPN Cost (Site Level): Each part level is calculated at each CM's site.
Collective Use of Savings Awareness
Using the entire dashboard and table information holistically helps to identify cost change patterns across all of your data, highlighting areas of concern or where to focus for savings efforts. The view by options gives you many ways to slice the data to see where costs have increased or where savings have occurred.
Examining (1) spend increases for (2) the 2023'Q1 quarter and (3) drilling into the highest commodity by cost increase spend (e.g. Semiconductors) allows you to drill into what parts are driving that cost increase.
In the middle section you can (4) view by CPN Savings and then (5) View by Commodity Manager to see Cost Increases/Decreases and determine who may need to renegotiate with a specific Manufacturer, for this example we'll (6) pick Dan because he has the highest level of spend with cost increase.
The View Spend and Savings Detail Table with (7) CPN Cost will display the global costs and now one can review the parts which Dan the commodity manager controls which had spend increases in 2023'Q1.