Understanding part risks across your products and manufacturers is crucial to building supply chain resilience where you can anticipate disruptions and secure critical parts.
Knowing the remaining lifespan of components guides your strategic choices. Understanding the financial health of your vendors helps you assess their ability to continue to provide supply. Identifying single-source dependencies allows you to diversify your supplier base.
Part Risk Intelligence is three interactive dashboards with a sliding console of risk thresholds to evaluate these product, manufacturer, and part risks.
Part Risk Intelligence
Within Part Risk Intelligence, key perspectives presented together include: (1) Product, (2) Manufacturer, and (3) Part Details.
For the subtotals in each of the three tables:
- Spend and Part Counts are Summed.
- Rating, Years to End of Life, and Lead Times are Averaged.
(4) Across many areas of the interface, users can choose between options for table or chart.
The (5) Risk Thresholds interface on the left uses simple sliders to filter the correlating metric visualization of coverage and breakdown.
- The horizontal bar filters up top contains segments that when clicked into will only show you data that has that exact value and nothing else. Using this gets you to an exact target range in the data set.
- The sliders underneath allow you soft filter by picking a range of data values and getting all of the values that fall within that range as well as all the undefined values. Using this gets you all matching and potentially matching but unknown data points. This analysis allows you to incorporate unknown part risk.
Each slider has a tooltip icon (i) which can be hovered over for a detailed description of the data metric.
Grey Area on the horizontal bar indicates lack of coverage. Grey areas tip you off to missing data for these values and you may want to use the soft sliders to incorporate those items into the range of available data.
Colored (non-grey) areas of the horizontal bars indicate coverage for these parts and can be hovered over for detailed description of the range. They can be clicked and drilled into for exact matches in the Part Risk Intelligence tables.
Part Risk Intelligence Use Cases
Let's examine some use cases for Part Risk Intelligence and how we can drill into this data to take action:
- How to identify high risk parts and manufacturers in a product?
- How to identify long lead time parts near end of life?
- How to identify single source vendors at financial risk?
Part Risk Intelligence provides three interactive dashboards to evaluate risks related to products, manufacturers, and individual parts. Understanding these risks is crucial for supply chain resilience and this feature should help your organization make strategic risk assessments about part sourcing.